Learn more about our principals.
One of the key perspectives that I provide is being able to assess client company’s weaknesses when it comes to raising capital. Having experience on all sides of a transaction enables me to have a clear understanding of the process. Having managed 3 different equity related funds over the last 15 years gives me insight to what risks are being looked at by institutional capital. My primary background has always been on the capital structuring and traditional investment banking side of the business. This allows me to properly guide client companies through the process of raising capital from diligence, structuring, packaging and finally negotiating a deal. The last piece of the puzzle is understanding the internal challenges with management having been the CEO, board member and business development officer of a number of companies.
– 20 years of experience in the capital markets, having structured, negotiated and closed over $300+ million in equity capital into companies.
– Advised and worked with many earlier stage public and private companies providing traditional investment banking advisory work as well as, M&A, capital structuring, joint ventures, private placements, business development and strategic focusing at the board level
– Worked across diverse industry segments but currently focus in technology (specifically mobile tech), life sciences, consumer products and clean technology
– Experience in writing and developing business and operating plans for client companies.
– A robust experience with taking US companies to Europe and exposing them to long term capital groups both for traditional exposure and for capital raise assignments
– Member of Southern California Angel group
– Authored and quoted in many articles on Angel investing and the economic landscape for Forbes, Businessweek, New York Times, Blogging stocks, Seeking Alpha, etc.
Jack Thomsen, CPAPartner
Mr. Thomsen is the CFO of Bridgewater Capital Corporation where he oversees day to day operations. He has also been the CFO of a number of companies, both public and private, with an emphasis on financial re-structuring, turn-around management and financial statement analysis. Mr. Thomsen has a deep understanding of what it takes to build functional and practical business models. During Mr. Thomsen’s tenure as a co-founding partner and CFO of Bridgewater Capital he was involved with the co-management of three different special situations hedge fund strategies. Prior to co-founding Bridgewater, Mr. Thomsen was the Chief Financial Officer and investment banker with Bentley, Richards and Associates. From 1983 to 1992, Mr. Thomsen was a licensed CPA for local, national and international accounting firms such as Arthur Young and Company and McGladrey & Pullen. Mr. Thomsen has a degree in accounting from the University of Northern Iowa.