One of the key perspectives that I provide is being able to assess the client companies’ weaknesses when it comes to raising capital. Having experience on all sides of a transaction enables me to have a clear understanding of the process. Having managed 3 different equity-related funds over the last 15 years gives me insight to what risks are being looked at by institutional capital. My primary background has always been on the capital structuring and traditional investment banking side of the business. This allows me to properly guide client companies through the process of raising capital from diligence, structuring, packaging and finally negotiating a deal. The last piece of the puzzle is understanding the internal challenges with management has been the CEO, board member, and business development officer of a number of companies.
- 20 years of experience in the capital markets, having structured negotiated, and closed over $300+ million in equity capital into companies.
- Advised and worked with many earlier stage public and private companies providing traditional investment banking advisory work as well as, M&A, capital structuring, joint ventures, private placements, business development, and strategic focusing at the board level
- Worked across diverse industry segments but currently focus on technology (specifically mobile tech), life sciences, consumer products, and clean technology
- Experience in writing and developing business and operating plans for client companies.
- A robust experience with taking US companies to Europe and exposing them to long term capital groups both for traditional exposure and for capital raise assignments
- Member of Southern California Angel group
- Authored and quoted in many articles on Angel investing and the economic landscape for Forbes, Businessweek, New York Times, Blogging stocks, Seeking Alpha, etc.